Secret of Success
Whether you will be towing once a week or once a year, the secret of success is careful preparation. There are several key matters you will need to deal with.
Towbar fitting points are established at the initial vehicle design stage, positioned to ensure optimum strength and safety , and it is essential that the towbar matches precisely to these fixing points. It's also important that the bar is type approved to meet EC regulations. Apart from safety risks, a towbar that is not approved may invalidate your insurance and the vehicle manufacturer's warranty.
Another major consideration is to ensure that your vehicle is capable of towing the trailer you intend to use. If the trailer is too heavy you will experience potentially dangerous handling and braking problems.
The way that you load your trailer is also crucial. Keeping the load low will prevent instability caused by a high center of gravity. Most of the weight should go over the wheels, with the next heaviest at the front and the lightest at the rear.
Effectiveness & Endorsements
Towbars for new cars must comply with the new EC regulations and standards. These are very rigorous and approval involves sample towbars undergoing pull tests to evaluate strength, driving tests to check the effect on car stability, and corrosion tests to appraise weather resistance.
Choose carefully - if a towbar is not clearly marked, it may not have been tested or approved. All towbars supplied and fitted by EP Towing have been tested as thoroughly as the vehicles they are used on, so that they meet and exceed the highest standards.
- I have used e.p.towing twice now and both times they have done a first class job, the fact that they come out to you, cuts out the hassle of arranging lifts to and from premises.
- Mike Docking
- Excellent service. Good advise on type of tow bar required. Efficient on site installation which was a massive plus for my time management. Dave is very helpful, taking the time to introduce me to the many features involving the electrics. I thought a tow bar was a tow bar! Very competative price.
- Colin Baker
- Second time I've had Dave do a towbar & electrics. Both times an expert job. Needed advice this time regarding caravan towing and was not disappointed. Company very well organised by Trisha and the price was also very keen. Thank you both!
- Bryan Campbell
- Extremely satisfied customers and will be returning again for the 6th time shortly, no quibble about recommending to friends and colleuges. A fast and reliable service with a smile.
- Mrs J Pollard-Rutter & Mr V T Rutter