Secret of Success
Whether you will be towing once a week or once a year, the secret of success is careful preparation. There are several key matters you will need to deal with.
Towbar fitting points are established at the initial vehicle design stage, positioned to ensure optimum strength and safety , and it is essential that the towbar matches precisely to these fixing points. It's also important that the bar is type approved to meet EC regulations. Apart from safety risks, a towbar that is not approved may invalidate your insurance and the vehicle manufacturer's warranty.
Another major consideration is to ensure that your vehicle is capable of towing the trailer you intend to use. If the trailer is too heavy you will experience potentially dangerous handling and braking problems.
The way that you load your trailer is also crucial. Keeping the load low will prevent instability caused by a high center of gravity. Most of the weight should go over the wheels, with the next heaviest at the front and the lightest at the rear.
Effectiveness & Endorsements
Towbars for new cars must comply with the new EC regulations and standards. These are very rigorous and approval involves sample towbars undergoing pull tests to evaluate strength, driving tests to check the effect on car stability, and corrosion tests to appraise weather resistance.
Choose carefully - if a towbar is not clearly marked, it may not have been tested or approved. All towbars supplied and fitted by EP Towing have been tested as thoroughly as the vehicles they are used on, so that they meet and exceed the highest standards.
- Extremely satisfied customers and will be returning again for the 6th time shortly, no quibble about recommending to friends and colleuges. A fast and reliable service with a smile.
- Mrs J Pollard-Rutter & Mr V T Rutter
- second time i have used dave to fit my tow bar and as always he,s faultless in his work his timing and his polite friendly attude in general a nice man to do business with and the iceing on the cake his price is fare will use or recommend this man to anyone 10/10 all the best to dave and trish
- Alan Swan
- Great service, great product, great price. My first tow bar, turned up on time, finished when they said and full explanation of the works and how the bar works now it's fitted (removeable). Have already recommended to family member, will use again.
- R Jones
- Excellent service. Good advise on type of tow bar required. Efficient on site installation which was a massive plus for my time management. Dave is very helpful, taking the time to introduce me to the many features involving the electrics. I thought a tow bar was a tow bar! Very competative price.
- Colin Baker